The speed available on your line can be affected by:
- How far your property is from the telephone exchange or street cabinet.
- The quality of your telephone line and internal wiring.
The actual speed you receive can be affected by:
- The processing power of your PC / devices.
- How many people are sharing your broadband connection.
- Whether you use a wireless or cable connection between your router and PC, laptop or other connected devices.
- If using a wireless connection; where you keep your router.
- The speed of websites that you visit.
- If you connect at peak times, such as evenings, weekends or major sporting events.
- Network capacity.